Project Generation Options¶
- project_name [project_name]:
- Your human-readable project name, including any capitalization or spaces.
- project_slug [project_name]:
- The slug of your project, without dashes or spaces. Used to name your repo and in other places where a Python-importable version of your project name is needed.
- author_name [Your Name]:
- You! This goes into places like the LICENSE file.
- email [Your email]:
- Your email address.
- description [A short description of the project.]
- Used in the generated README.rst and other places.
- domain_name [example.com]
- Whatever domain name you plan to use for your project when it goes live.
- version [0.1.0]
- The starting version number for your project.
- timezone [UTC]
- Used in the base settings file for the TIME_ZONE value.
- use_whitenoise [y]
- Whether to use WhiteNoise for static file serving.
- use_celery [n]
- Whether to use Celery. This gives you the ability to use distributed task queues in your project.
- use_mailhog [n]
- Whether to use MailHog. MailHog is a tool that simulates email receiving
for development purposes. It runs a simple SMTP server which catches
any message sent to it. Messages are displayed in a web interface which
http://localhost:8025/You need to download the MailHog executable for your operating system, see the ‘Developing Locally’ docs for instructions.
- use_sentry_for_error_reporting [n]
- Whether to use Sentry to log errors from your project.
- use_opbeat [n]
- Whether to use Opbeat for preformance monitoring and code optimization.
- use_pycharm [n]
- Adds support for developing in PyCharm with a preconfigured .idea directory.
- windows [n]
- Whether you’ll be developing on Windows.
- use_docker [y]
- Whether to use Docker, separating the app and database into separate containers.
- use_heroku [n]
- Add configuration to deploy the application to a Heroku instance.
- use_compressor [n]
- js_task_runner 
- custom_bootstrap_compilation [n]
- Scaffold out recompiling Bootstrap as as task, with Gulp or Grunt. Useful for letting you change Bootstrap variables in real time. Consult project README for more details.
- open_source_license 
Select a software license for the project. The choices are: